Our Team Leaders Lee & Michele, went to a secret location in the hills for the week to complete the FREC 3 course, we booked this in the Autumn last year but the covid restrictions meant we had to wait for 2021, it was an epic and full on week of learning with lots of scenarios and exam papers.
We were excited to do this course and were unsure what to expect but it was full on and action packed! we stayed out for the week so we could study in the evening and a week of takeaways what could possibly go wrong !
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first responder providing emergency care.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to assess a patient.
- Be able to assess a patient’s airway.
- Be able to manage a patient’s airway. (Oropharyngeal and Nasopharyngeal Airways)
- Be able to manage an unresponsive patient who is not breathing normally.
- Be able to use appropriate equipment during a resuscitation attempt.
- Be able to administer emergency oxygen.